Alert

Follow us

And stay informed in real time of the latest News!

39,739 followers   •   2,729 following   •   Canberra   •   http://www.thekouk.com

Managing Director of Market Economics, a macroeconomic advisory firm. Advisor to Dun & Bradstreet. Research Fellow Per Capita. Speaker for ODE management.

Latest Scoops

Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
nsw state election betting punters backing the coalition late labor 330 coalition 139 nswvotes2019
NSW State election betting:
Punters backing the Coalition late
Labor $3.30
Coalition $1.39. #NSWVotes2019
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
winx is running today how utterly fabulous she is extraordinary has delivered one of the best sporting achieve
Winx is running today - how utterly fabulous.
She is extraordinary - has delivered one of the best sporting achievements Australia will ever see in any sporting field. It's hard to imagine what might ever be better than this tremendous horse #GoWinx
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
from the vault for those interesting in election betting how betting markets work the queensland example
From the vault - for those interesting in election betting
How betting markets work - the Queensland example https://t.co/5ubN36Mugj
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
it roughly implies coalition are a 65 probability to win labor 35
It (roughly) implies Coalition are a 65% probability to win, Labor 35%...
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
nsw state election betting interesting move to labor in last hour or so labor 280 was 340 coalition 149 was 13
NSW State election betting:
Interesting move to Labor in last hour or so:
Labor $2.80 (was $3.40)
Coalition $1.49 (was $1.38) #NSWVotes2019
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
even tepid canola oil
Even tepid canola oil.
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
what a glorious start to the afl season carlton wayneharmes gopies
What a glorious start to the AFL season.... Carlton .... #WayneHarmes #GoPies
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
i wonder if shorten s people are thinking not equal time not equal time
I wonder if Shorten's people are thinking - Not equal time, not equal time.....
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
after seeing mr morrison on the project are you likely to theprojecttv
After seeing Mr Morrison on The Project, are you likely to:
@theprojecttv
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
federal election betting post the project labor 118 coalition 620 869000 in matched bets
Federal election betting, post The Project
Labor $1.18
Coalition $6.20
$869,000 in matched bets

The Most Relevant

Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
by the way the government borrowed 400 million today repaid in 2035 to help cover the cost of refundable frank
By the way, the government borrowed $400 million today, repaid in 2035, to help cover the cost of refundable franking credits - there you go kids - a debt for you to repay in 16 years https://t.co/9qkMvhZ3dB
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
top 10 tax to gdp ratios in australias history 2004 05 243 howard 2005 06 243 howard 2000 01 242 howard 2002 0
Top 10 tax to GDP ratios in Australia’s history

2004-05 24.3 Howard
2005-06 24.3 Howard
2000-01 24.2 Howard
2002-03 24.0 Howard
2003-04 24.0 Howard
2006-07 23.8 Howard
2021-22 23.8 Morrison
2007-08 23.7 Howard
2020-21 23.5 Morrison
2019-20 23.3 Morrison
Source: MYEFO https://t.co/bDsUGnbqSd
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
in 2013 the coalition promised to reduce electricity prices since then electricity prices have risen by 145 fa
In 2013 the Coalition promised to reduce electricity prices:
Since then, electricity prices have risen by 14.5%
Fast forward to 2019:
The Coalition is promising to reduce electricity prices
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
a few sick refugees are allowed into australia the rabid frenzy this causes highlights the sad state of politi
A few sick refugees are allowed into Australia. The rabid frenzy this causes highlights the sad state of politics. Meanwhile 1.75 million people are under or unemployed, wages growth is at near record lows, wealth is falling, biz investment is falling, govt debt is at record high
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
in the nsw election next week please dont vote for the shooters party instead vote liberal national labor even
In the NSW election next week, please don’t vote for the Shooters Party. Instead, vote Liberal, National, Labor even Greens. Put the Shooters last. We clearly need tighter, not easier, gun laws - so don’t give them a millimetre of hope or support
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
there are 683000 people unemployed there are 241000 job vacancies 20 applications per month per unemployed per
There are 683,000 people unemployed
There are 241,000 job vacancies
20 applications per month per unemployed person is 13,600,000 applications for those 241,000 vacancies
That's 272,000,000 applications per year
How ridiculous is that?
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
i am yet to see anyone at any stage produce any research that shows the liberal party is better at managing th
I am yet to see anyone at any stage produce any research that shows the Liberal Party is better at "managing the economy" than Labor... yet people think it. Very odd
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
the current negative gearing and capital gains tax concessions will cost the budget ie you and me and our kids
The current negative gearing and capital gains tax concessions will cost the budget (i.e., you and me and our kids) $11.7 billion this year. The government is currently borrowing $225 million a week to fund these tax breaks - seems unsustainable to me
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
from what i can see zali steggall will not support the reforms of negative gearing capital gains tax imputed d
From what I can see, Zali Steggall will not support the reforms of negative gearing, capital gains tax, imputed dividend refunds & she supports company tax cuts for big business
A few inches to the left of Tony Abbott is still ultra conservative
Stephen Koukoulas
TheKouk
huh average unemployment rate labor 51 dec 2007 to sep 2013 5 years and 10 months coalition 57 oct 2013 to now
Huh?
Average unemployment rate:

Labor 5.1% (Dec 2007 to Sep 2013: 5 years and 10 months)
Coalition 5.7% (Oct 2013 to now: 5 years and 3 months) https://t.co/8gyvhI4jW7
Total(1) => 0.12770295143127 f_f_QM(2) => 0.1111752986908 indS(2) => 0.079648017883301 indM(2) => 0.030048131942749 indM_1(2) => 0.0053410530090332 indM_2(2) => 0.00071215629577637 indM_4(2) => 0.0017919540405273 indM_5(2) => 0.002126932144165 indM_6(2) => 0.0012521743774414 indM_7(2) => 0.0014617443084717 indM_8(2) => 0.00099587440490723 indM_9(2) => 0.0084829330444336 indM_10(2) => 0.0076591968536377 f_f_pTL(2) => 0.015048027038574 f_f_dT(20) => 0.014687776565552